XIMEx provides the right access to the right information at the right time for the right persons
Do you recognize these challenges and issues?
- Applying for and creating new accounts take a lot of time
- No insight in who is using what sources
- Users need different passwords for different company applications
- The process of requesting authorizations and approval is not transparent
- It is not clear what authorizations are required for what functions (who is allowed to do what?)
- There is no clear picture of the inflow, throughput and outflow process of users of the systems, applications and data
- Lack of insight and overview involves unnecessary security and compliance risks
- Upon a (security) audit the organization cannot deliver all the requested reports
These challenges and issues emphasize the importance of an easy and water-tight management of user and access rights. For this type of management, Avit developed XIMEx, which allows organizations to substantially simplify their management of access to networks and cloud applications. This solution structures and computerizes the management of account and login data and rights, and relieves organizations of such a complicated and time-consuming task.
Structured and Up-to-date
XIMEx is typically suited for organizations involving many users, frequent mutations and accounts which are used for a brief time, such as for instance educational institutions. After closing down an account, e.g. when someone leaves the organization, the login data are automatically deactivated and, if so desired, the data are cleared away. As a result, account data remain structured and up-to-date.
By controlling the user rights centrally (HR department) access management becomes substantially more efficient and effective. An important tool in this is ‘single sign-on’, i.e. logging in just once. In this, every authorized user will be granted access to her or his access rights with one username-password combination. The user only has to remember one password instead of numerous, often complicated, access codes.
More Ease of Use
Ease of use can be enhanced with the self-service portal of XIMEx. Through this portal users can change their own identity data. The passwords can only be changed in conformity with the policy of the organization and are passed on to the linked systems exclusively after having been encrypted. From an administration system, such as pupil or financial administration, the XIMEx management portal will be provided with the account data. Next, these account data are computerized and converted into login data for the systems and applications the users (e.g. pupils or employees) are granted access to.
Access Rights up to Job Level
With XIMEx the organization is not bound by groups or identities anymore when deciding who will be allowed to view or change what data. Now it is possible to decide up to job level who will get access to what data. If an employee gets another job or position, then the rights associated with the job/position will also change automatically. In this manner it can be avoided that for instance a former employee at accounting will retain access to the salary overview in his new position at another department.
Major reasons for using XIMEx :
- Being and remaining in control. Automatic provision of the right access to the right information at the right time for the right persons.
- Cost-saving because access management requires a lot less time, the service-desk receives a lot less requests for help and as a result less errors are made.
- Ease of use – XIMEx grants users access at any time from any location with any device to the required applications and information. A user only has to sign on once.
- Security – XIMEx ensures that users only have access to the information they are allowed to view.
- Compliance – XIMEx gives an overview of the access rights for all applications, services and systems and helps improve respect of segregation of functions. By this the organization complies with laws and regulations (such as the GDPR) regarding responsibilities, confidentiality of information and privacy of users.