Do you feel right at home resolving complex IT issues? Would you like to use your knowledge and experience to help others? To expand our current team at our office in Luanda, Angola, we are looking for a full-time Cisco System Engineer.
As part of the Avit Group, Avit International offers organisations in our focus sectors advice on infrastructural solutions and the application of advanced technologies. We design, develop, implement, manage, support and maintain IP-related networks. We offer a wide range of products and services in the cloud, on premise or in a hybrid form, which are all fundamentally important to our clients’ continuity and ongoing development. We have developed integrated cloud concepts for several sectors, which are already being used in practice by organisations in these sectors. By creating the right combination of services, products and project management, we can offer our clients high-quality services that assist them with their day-to-day operations and help them achieve their business objectives. That is what our certified engineers focus all their attention on.
What does the position entail?
The System Engineer carries out installation activities and/or projects for medium-sized and enterprise client within and outside Angola.
The System Engineer offers advice, analyses and implements complex IT infrastructures for medium-sized and large organisations, based on the provided technical design. It is important to keep your in-depth knowledge up to date with a focus on the following areas of expertise:
- IP telephony and video
- Video conferencing
- Collaboration tools (Jabber, Spark, WebEx, etcetera)
- Collaboration Applications (Unity Connection, Contact Center Express, Prime Collaboration, etcetera)
- Routing, Switching, Quality of Service
What are your responsibilities?
- Correctly and efficiently carrying out the assignments you receive;
- Independently expanding your technical knowledge at a high level and being willing to share your expertise with colleagues;
- Sharing responsibility for the development of knowledge and experience within the Collaboration team;
- Keeping up with relevant market developments.
What is your profile?
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn and you have abundant experience with projects and troubleshooting related to Cisco Voice in general;
- You have in-depth knowledge of and experience with Cisco Collaboration (CCNP or studying for this) (required);
- One or more additional specialisations/certificates (or studying for this¬), e.g. Wireless, Security and/or Routing & Switching;
- It is preferable that you also have experience with TelePresence, UCCX or e.g. JDM’s Peter Connects;
- Higher vocational education level of working and thinking;
- You have a driver’s license (B);
- English language;
- Experience with (W)LAN/WAN;
- Relevant higher vocational education degree, e.g. Bachelor of Information & Communication Technology, System & Network Engineering, Bachelor of ICT in Network Infrastructure Design, Areas of Concentration: CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP & MCSE (a combination with Technical Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Management is preferable)
What can we offer you?
A challenging work environment with room for your own initiatives, development and education opportunities. We also offer the opportunity to get trained in the Netherlands by our team of support and system engineers. We also offer interesting projects and client environments within which to carry out your work. Avit International is a growing organisation to work for and one that values atmosphere and team spirit. We regularly host informal activities that allow our colleagues to get to know each other outside the confines of our office.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Send your CV and a brief letter of motivation to Avit International, firstname.lastname@example.org.