Do you excel at Security based on Cisco technology? Do you have experience with the installation of complex network environments with e.g. Firewalls and Web Security solutions? To expand our current team in Nieuwegein, we are looking for a full-time Cisco System Engineer – Security (M/F).
What does the position entail?
The System Engineer carries out installation activities and/or projects for medium-sized and enterprise client within and outside the Netherlands.
The System Engineer offers advice, analyses and implements complex IT infrastructures for medium-sized and large organisations, based on the provided technical design. It is important to keep your in-depth knowledge up to date with a focus on the following areas of expertise:
- Installing and troubleshooting security solutions based on Cisco technology;
- Installation and configuration of Cisco Firewalls, Next-Generation firewalls;
- Installation and configuration of Cisco Firepower IPS;
- Installation and configuration of Cisco Web security solutions;
- Installation and configuration of VPN solutions: Remote access, site-to-site, DMVPN, EZVPN, FlexVPN etcetera;
- Routing and switching;
- Cisco ISE.
What are your responsibilities?
- Correctly and efficiently carrying out the assignments you receive;
- Independently expanding your technical knowledge at a high level and being willing to share your expertise with colleagues;
- Sharing responsibility for the development of knowledge and experience within the Security team;
- Keeping up with relevant market developments.
What is your profile?
- You are enthusiastic, eager to learn and you have abundant experience with projects and troubleshooting related to Cisco Security in general;
- You have in-depth knowledge of and experience with Cisco Security (CCNP or studying for this) (required);
- One or more additional specialisations/certificates (or studying for this¬), e.g. Wireless, Security and/or Routing & Switching;
- Higher vocational education level of working and thinking;
- You have a driver’s licence (B);
- It is preferable if you also have experience with Citrix NetScaler, Cisco ISE, Cisco Datacenter;
- Relevant higher vocational education degree, e.g. Bachelor of Information & Communication Technology, System & Network Engineering, Bachelor of ICT in Network Infrastructure Design, Areas of Concentration: CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP & MCSE (a combination with Technical Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and Management is preferable).
What can we offer you?
At Avit-Xantes, we believe in developing our employees’ talents. That is why we give them ample opportunities to expand their knowledge and expertise. We also offer interesting projects and client environments within which to carry out your work. Avit-Xantes is a great organisation to work for and one that values atmosphere and team spirit. We regularly host informal activities that allow our colleagues to get to know each other outside the confines of our office.
Click here for the full vacancy.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Send your CV and a brief letter of motivation to Avit-Xantes, attn. Marike de Vries.
*Acquisition following unfilled vacancies is not appreciated