Do you feel right at home resolving complex IT issues? Would you like to use your knowledge and experience to help others? To expand our current team at our office in Luanda, Angola, we are looking for a full-time Cisco Support Engineer.
As part of the Avit Group, Avit International offers organisations in our focus sectors advice on infrastructural solutions and the application of advanced technologies. We design, develop, implement, manage, support and maintain IP-related networks. We offer a wide range of products and services in the cloud, on premise or in a hybrid form, which are all fundamentally important to our clients’ continuity and ongoing development. We have developed integrated cloud concepts for several sectors, which are already being used in practice by organisations in these sectors. By creating the right combination of services, products and project management, we can offer our clients high-quality services that assist them with their day-to-day operations and help them achieve their business objectives. That is what our certified engineers focus all their attention on.
What does the position entail?
As a Support Engineer, you conduct support and management activities for and at clients, both nationally and internationally. Together with our highly experience service desk in the Netherlands, you will provide support for our clients’ complex IT infrastructures and our managed cloud services. We expect our Support Engineers to have knowledge of some of the following technologies: Routing, Switching, Unified Communications, Wireless, Security, Video, Data Center (virtualisation) and Network management.
You communicate internally and remotely with fellow engineers, consultants, account managers, project leaders and the service manager on a daily basis. On top of that, you regularly confer with clients and/or representatives of clients and suppliers.
What are your responsibilities?
As a Support Engineer, it is important that you correctly and efficiently deal with and resolve incoming incidents and service requests from our centralized Service Desk or directly from the customer. You register these activities in our ticket system. We also ask you to keep your eyes and ears open, so you can contribute to the optimisation of our internal processes. Besides working well together with your colleagues, you also share responsibility for the development of knowledge and experience within the team. You do this by e.g. expanding your technical knowledge on your own and staying on top of relevant market developments.
- Conducting the following activities, either on your own or as part of a team:
- Following up on incident reports;
- Conducting management/maintenance activities;
- Developing test setups;
- Problem analysis;
- Registering activities in the Avit ticket system;
- Monitoring various networks;
- Assisting fellow (support) engineers.
The activities are conducted on-site with clients or from our own offices.
What is your profile?
- Secondary/higher vocational education level of working and thinking or a comparable technical education
- At least one valid Cisco certification at the level of CCNA, CCNP or CCIE and a collaboration specialty
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a Support Engineer
- Demonstrable knowledge of Routing & Switching, Unified Communications, Wireless, Security, Video, Data Center (virtualisation) and Network Management at an advanced level (at least two of the aforementioned fields)
- Demonstrable knowledge of management software, tools and backup software
- Excellent communication and analytical skills in both Portuguese and English
- You are flexible, eager to learn and a real team player.
What can we offer you?
A challenging work environment with room for your own initiatives, development and education opportunities. We also offer the opportunity to get trained in the Netherlands by our team of support and system engineers. We also offer interesting projects and client environments within which to carry out your work. Avit International is a growing organisation to work for and one that values atmosphere and team spirit. We regularly host informal activities that allow our colleagues to get to know each other outside the confines of our office.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Send your CV and a brief letter of motivation to Avit International, email@example.com.